Recognizing and Getting Proper Care After a Head Injury
Motor Vehicle Accidents | Work-Related Accidents
If you’re hurt in a car crash or on the job, and you suffer trauma to your head or neck, you may be at risk for a concussion.
- Are you experiencing persistent neck pain or headaches?
- Are you confused or uncertain when speaking, reading, or answering a question?
- Do you feel continually tired or lethargic, even after a good rest?
- Do you face challenges remembering simple things, concentrating, or making decisions?
- Do you find it difficult to sleep or to get up from sleep?
- Do you feel nauseated for no apparent reason?
- Is there ringing in your ears?
- Do bright lights or loud sounds cause pain or discomfort?
- Does your food taste different, or do you notice odd or unusual smells?
- Are you more emotionally on edge?
- Are you noticing balance issues or experiencing vertigo or dizziness?
All of the above are common symptoms of some level of concussion. Any bump, jolt, or blow to your head can cause a concussion. You also may suffer a concussion as a result of whiplash or any contact that causes a rapid back-and-forth movement of your head. The force created by impact, or by the snapping of the head, can cause brain tissue to change shape, leading to cell damage. This typically leads to chemical and metabolic responses that affect your ability to function and communicate.
Effective Treatment Options for Concussion
If you experience any of the symptoms above, it’s important to immediately seek treatment for a possible concussion. Stop whatever you’re doing and schedule an appointment with an experienced medical professional, such as Advantage Healthcare Systems. We can help you take the right steps to minimize the impact of the concussion and progressively return to your normal daily activities.
At Advantage, we offer a multi-disciplinary approach when treating concussions.We have highly experienced medical professionals who can quickly recognize, diagnose, and treat concussions. We can help you get speech therapy, physical rehabilitation, counseling, and cognitive therapy, and we can prescribe medication to treat inflammation, pain, and nausea.
Contact Us to Set Up an Appointment or Fill Out a Quick Concussion Questionnaire
At Advantage Healthcare Systems, we have extensive experience working successfully with individuals who have suffered a concussion or other traumatic brain injury (TBI). Call us toll-free at 1-877-487-8289 or fill out the form provided below to schedule an assessment. Click this link to fill out a concussion questionnaire to see if you’re at risk. We offer locations across Texas, including Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio.