Why You Want to Choose the Right Doctor for Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
When you’ve been hurt on the job, you have a right to seek workers’ compensation to cover all reasonable and necessary medical expenses. You also have the right to select the doctor who will provide your care.
The workers’ compensation process can be complicated and confusing. It’s critical, in order to get all the benefits to which you are entitled, and to get the care you need in a timely manner, to work with medical professionals who understand the workers’ compensation system, medical professionals who have effectively treated other injured workers. We can help.
At Advantage Healthcare Systems, we provide comprehensive medical treatment to anyone who has been hurt in the workplace. We are highly knowledgeable of the workers’ compensation process, and know the types of care that will typically be covered, as well as the documentation required to obtain coverage. We offer a wide range of treatment options, including physical and occupational therapy, pain management, psychological counseling, work conditioning and functional restoration.
To schedule an appointment, contact our offices online or call us at 1-866-586-1755.
The Right Doctor Can Make All the Difference in a Work Comp Claim
When you’ve been hurt at work, you know that you have a right to benefits, but, unless you’ve filed a prior workers’ compensation claim, you won’t know where to start. Your doctor can play a critical role in helping you get the benefits you need and to which you are entitled.
When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you will likely be required to submit to an examination by a company or insurer-selected physician. You will also have the right to choose your own treating doctor. Though the company doctor’s diagnosis may have an initial impact on your recovery of benefits, once you’ve qualified, the opinions of your treating physician will carry the most weight. Accordingly, your doctor can be an advocate for your recovery of benefits.
Your treating physician will have the authority to make a wide range of decisions regarding your care, including:
- The best way to diagnose and treat your injuries, including the specific types of medical care you receive
- The extent to which you need treatment by a specialist. As a general rule, it’s your treating doctor who will make the referral to a surgeon or other specialist
- If, and when, you are ready to return to work—Your treating doctor will determine when you’ve recovered enough to go back on the job, and whether you’ll have any work limitations or restrictions
- Whether your disability is temporary or permanent, partial or total—Your doctor will make the decision as to when you have reached maximum medical improvement and whether that will leave you with any permanent disability
To set up an appointment, contact us online or call our office at 1-866-586-1755.
At Advantage Healthcare Systems, we have provided thorough and effective medical care to people for nearly 40 years, including federal employees who have suffered a workplace injury. We understand the documentation and paperwork required to initiate a federal workers’ compensation claim, so that you can get the benefits you need to cover your medical bills.
Choose Advantage Healthcare Systems for Your Workers’ Compensation Injury
We bring extensive experience with workers’ compensation claims to injured workers, but we also offer a whole lot more:
- We take a multi-disciplinary approach, providing patients with access to medical doctors, neurologists, chiropractors, licensed social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists and counselors
- Our chronic pain management program has long been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- We strive to make our services affordable to all patients and accept a variety of payment methods, including state compensation, most health insurance plans, letters of protection from a lawyer and all major credit cards
We Treat All Types of Injured Workers
We provide comprehensive care to workers who have suffered injury or illness in any occupation, including:
- Industrial or factory work
- Residential or commercial construction
- Office work
We Offer Treatment of Any Type of Work-Related Injury or Illness
Our medical professionals effectively treat all types of injury or illness, including
- Back and neck trauma such as sprains, strains, muscle pulls, herniated discs or other spinal cord problems
- Rotator cuff injury, fractures, tendonitis, bursitis, ligament damage and other injuries involving your shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands
- Hip, leg, knee, ankle and foot trauma
- Repetitive stress or motion injury, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Occupational illness or disease
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment with an Experienced Workers’ Compensation Doctor
Take the first step today to address your pain! Call Advantage Healthcare Systems toll-free at 1-877-487-8289 or contact us online to schedule an assessment. We have locations across Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Missouri.