Kellie Berkel-Hoffman, M.S., OTR
OBJECTIVE: driven, creative, and interpersonal OTR, enthusiastic to provide exceptional care through evidence based and functional services for individuals in need of rehabilitation in the Dallas area.
I was born and raised in ATX, and became a Texas Tech Red Raider in 2011. I received my masters with honors in Occupational Therapy with a focus and passion in treating individuals with upper extremity injuries and traumatic brain injury. A majority of my clinical experience has been treating post-surgical or conservative upper extremity injuries and neural inflammation or nerve dysfunction. I have a multitude of clinical experience working in outpatient and inpatient settings with individuals with traumatic brain injury to facilitate functional independence. I’m passionate about consistently continuing my education and skill set. I am currently in the process of completing my certification to be a certified vestibular therapist (CVT). I take a personal investment in all of my patients and will do everything in my power to provide exceptional care through evidence based and functional services.
- Certified Occupational Therapist, February 25 2019
- Master of Occupational Therapy, December 2018
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- Graduated Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.5
- Bachelor of Human Science, December 2015
- OTR at Advantage Health Care Systems (Dallas)
March 1st 2019-2020
Serve as a key member of interdisciplinary healthcare team at outpatient clinic. Providing conservative, post operative, non-operative and preventative treatments (including customized splinting) for individuals with upper extremity injuries. Developed individualized and group treatments for patients with brain injury, vestibular disturbances, visual perceptual deficits, pelvic floor dysfunction/injury. Responsible for reviewing the administration of FCEs. Supervising and collaborating with other providers and disciplines. Managing the schedules and treatments for patients in day programs (eg: work compensation, work hardening, & pain management).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Gross Anatomy (cadaver lab), for Dr. Gilbert and Dr. Brismee
- Texas Tech Health Science Center
May – August 2017
- Level II Baylor Scott & White/Select Therapy OP, Christy Knight OTR CHT MTC (Sept- November 2018)
- Post surgical and conservative treatment of shoulder, elbow, hand and fingers.
- Level II Baylor Scott & White Inpatient Rehab with Lee McFee OTR (June- August 2018)
- Development of treatments for individuals and groups with TBI, SCI, Ortho.
- Level I Pate with Christina Lighthouse at PATE Brain injury day clinic (January2018)
- Implementation of treatments for individuals with various injuries and deficits, primarily brain injury.
- Level I Covenant with Mack Evans OTR CHT outpatient Hands (April 2018)
- Observation of orthopedic surgeries and post surgical wound care, treatment, and education.
- Level I at UMC with Liz for Hand outpatient March-April 2018
- Assist in evaluation, wound care, protocol and diagnostic strategizing.