Kellie Berkel-Hoffman, M.S., OTR
I was born and raised in ATX, and became a Texas Tech Red Raider in 2011. I received my masters with honors in Occupational Therapy with a focus and passion in treating individuals with upper extremity injuries and traumatic brain injury. A majority of my clinical experience has been treating post-surgical or conservative upper extremity injuries and neural inflammation or nerve dysfunction. I have a multitude of clinical experience working in outpatient and inpatient settings with individuals with traumatic brain injury to facilitate functional independence. I’m passionate about consistently continuing my education and skill set. I am currently in the process of completing my certification to be a certified vestibular therapist (CVT). I take a personal investment in all of my patients and will do everything in my power to provide exceptional care through evidence based and functional services.
- Certified Occupational Therapist, February 2019
- Master of Occupational Therapy, December 2018
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- Graduated Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.5
- Bachelor of Human Science, December 2015
- OTR at Advantage Health Care Systems (Dallas)
March 1st 2019-2020
Serving as a key member of interdisciplinary healthcare team in an outpatient clinic.
- Providing conservative, post operative, non-operative and preventative treatments (including customized splinting) for individuals with upper extremity injuries.
- Evaluating and treating the neuromusculoskeletal system.
- Developed individualized and group treatments for patients with brain injury, vestibular disturbances, visual perceptual deficits, pelvic floor dysfunction/injury.
- Responsible for reviewing the administration of FCEs.
- Supervising and collaborating with other providers and disciplines
- Managing the schedules and treatments for patients in day programs (eg: work compensation, work hardening, & pain management).
May – August 2017
- Educating graduate students on the Musculoskeletal system, the origin/insertion and action of the muscle groups, the neuromuscular system and its functioning with possible deficits and how those may be presented through symptomology.
- Observation of orthopedic surgeries
- Post surgical and conservative treatment of shoulder, elbow, and hands.
- Evaluation and development of treatments for individuals with Traumatic brain injury.
- Competency with assessments for visuomotor, visual perception, and visual neglect.
- Treatment of neural inflammation such as carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, and thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Treating Vestibular Dysfunction and Balance Deficit Training
- Customized orthosis such as but not limited to; thumb spica, volar wrist orthosis, trigger finger, and ulnar gutter
- Post surgical wound care and education.
- Proficient in: IASTM, PNF stretches, NDT movement patterns, Graston Technique, Manual therapy, ultrasound therapy, Kinesiology taping, nerve flossing and nerve glides.
- PPE/FCE performance test certified