Glossary of Workers’ Compensation
is the maximum amount of weekly benefits an employee may receive. This maximum benefit amount may not exceed the state average weekly wage (SAWW), rounded to the nearest whole dollar, as follows:
- Temporary Income Benefits (TIBs) = 100% of SAWW
- Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs) = 70% of SAWW
- Supplemental Income Benefits (SIBs) = 70% of SAWW
- Lifetime Income Benefits (LIBS) = 100% of SAWW
- Death Benefits (DBS) = 100% of SAWW
TDI-DWC computes the maximum weekly income benefit for each year (October 1st through September 30th) no later than October 1st of each year.
is the earlier of:
- the point in time when your work-related injury or illness has improved as much as it is going to improve or;
- 104 weeks from the date you became eligible to receive temporary income benefits.
-Cited from TDI.TEXAS.GOV.